The Application Checklist
Download Seabury application packets here:
- Application form: Please return the student application with non-refundable application fee of $100. Parents of prekindergarten children should also complete and return the prekindergarten questionnaire.
- School visits: Visits may be scheduled at any time. Prospective prekindergarten students visit for approximately 1.5 hours during the morning. Parents may request a visit at any time during the process. Please call the office at 253-952-3111 to schedule a visit.
- Transcripts: In the application packet you will find a request for records. Please take that form to your child's current school. It should be returned to us directly with an official, current transcript.
- Teacher evaluation: An evaluation by a current teacher must be included, if the student is entering kindergarten through eighth grade. Please give the teacher evaluation, enclosed in the application packet, to your child's current teacher. If the applicant has attended a previous preschool or daycare, please give the teacher or provider the enclosed evaluation form. You may also request that evaluations be conducted by phone with Seabury’s head of school.
- Testing: If your student is entering kindergarten through eighth grade, you must make arrangements for an independent, cognitive evaluation. Below is a list of some local psychologists we have worked with in the past.
- Financial aid: To apply for financial aid, please mark the designated box on the admission application. Please refer to the Tuition and Fees page for more information.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Seabury School is committed to diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disabilities.
- From our head of school
Dear Prospective Parent(s):
Thank you for your interest in Seabury School. We are proud of the quality educational experience Seabury offers our academically advanced students. Seabury is specifically designed for highly capable learners, starting with our very youngest students, who enter at 4 years old. Small class sizes allow our teachers, who have extensive training and experience in gifted education to develop each child’s individual talents and strengths.
Seabury is one of only three schools in Tacoma accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS), a nonprofit membership association that provides professional development and support services to more than 110 schools in eight Northwest states and British Columbia.
We appreciate the opportunity to share more information with you about our school and the learning environment we can offer your child. This page provides you with materials and links you need to begin the application.
To learn more about our school, please schedule a visit to tour our facility and meet our staff. You may call the Seabury lower school office at 253-952-3111 to set up your tour. Also, visit the other sections of this website. In addition to information about our program, you’ll find resources on gifted children.
We recognize the importance of the decision you are making about which school will best meet your child’s educational needs. We are happy to assist you in any way we can in your decision-making process.
Seabury offers this list of local psychologists as a starting point for parents needing cognitive testing for their child. These exams are required as part of Seabury’s application process beginning in kindergarten. These psychologists do not work for Seabury, but are professionals in the area that we have worked with in the past.
|Al Albertson, PhD
6132 Panorama Drive NE
Tacoma, WA 98422
Barry Anton, PhD
5909 Orchard West
Tacoma, WA 98467
Stephen Curtis, PhD
11290 Sunrise Drive NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
|Matt Milstead, PhD
105 M Street NE
Auburn, WA 98002
Tonya Kellerman, PhD
Children’s Therapy Unit (Multicare)
311 S. L Street
3rd Floor East Wing
Tacoma, WA 98405
Nora Thompson, PhD
8318 196th St. SW
Edmonds, WA 98026