Parenting a gifted child or teen can present special rewards and challenges
Perhaps your child ...
- is unusually intense and sensitive
- has a high energy level
- may seem scattered and disorganized
- has very high expectations of self/others
- can be argumentative or perfectionistic
- has trouble finding friends his own age
- is a rapid, curious, innovative learner who may be disruptive or bored in school
- has an intellectual level far beyond her emotional level
Join other parents of gifted children in a six-week guided discussion group to discuss the unique challenges that gifted children bring to families. SENG groups offer parents an opportunity to share ideas, strategies and support in a relaxed setting, guided by SENG-trained facilitators. We emphasize positive parenting, avoiding power struggles, developing life skills, and enhancing relationships.
When: Saturday mornings, 9-10:30 a.m. May 11 through June 15, 2019
Where: Seabury middle school campus, 925 Court C, Tacoma, WA 98402
Cost: $170/person or $275/couple
Cost includes all materials and required book: A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Children, by Dr. James T. Webb, et. al.
SENG certified facilitators Emily Brady and Whitney Stange
For registration information contact Emily Brady email@example.com