Organizations and articles
Seabury is a unique school for unique students. Gifted children think, learn and experience the world differently than typical children their age. When they are in a school program that is in tune with the way they work, they soar both academically and socially. Seabury is about discovering your passions, exploring the questions as well as the answers, and developing the unique talents of each individual.
Below is a list of organizations which support the needs of the gifted students and their families and articles about giftedness.
- National Association for Gifted Children
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
- Hoagies Gifted Education
- Davidson Institute for Talent Development
- Washington Coalition for Gifted Education
- Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
- Robinson Center for Young Scholars
- Washington Association of Educators of the Gifted and Talented
- Institute for Educational Advancement
- What is Giftedness?
- Dimensions of Giftedness
- Myths about gifted students
- Lessons Learned About Educating the Gifted and Talented, by Karen B. Rogers
- How to explain IQ testing to your child
- What we have learned about gifted children
- State of Washington's definition of "highly capable"
- Gifted Children with AD/HD